Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My apologies to the few that actually read this.

I have been a bit behind in my blogging these past few weeks, but here I am catching up. Sorry no real step by step recipes, though most of the time there isn't much to it. If you really care I can hunt them down just shoot me an email.
On January 27th we made a ragout of pork an prunes extrapolated from a recipe found here . It turned out excellent (as per usual). We served it on top of creamy polenta which is an Italian dish made from cornmeal similar to southern grits. We finished it off with a hazelnut-cranberry-goat cheese spinach salad with a basic lemon vinaigrette. The ragout was so rich; the sweetness from the prunes really pulled in the cranberries residing in the salad, while the buttery-starchy neutrality of the polenta provided a sturdy pedestal for it to all sit upon. All together a fantastic meal.




Here is a picture of my aforementioned venison stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment