Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Game Night: Emu Kebabs, Wild Boar Sausage and Elk Sausage

My lovely neighbor upstairs blessed me with some odd meat on my birthday.
I had no idea as to what to do with these steaks. Do you cook them like beef or chicken since they are from the avian family? After searching online I found a quick and easy marinade for Emu Kebabs and I must say it has to be some of the best meat I have ever had. On par with Fillet Mignon.So tender it practically melted off the stick. I did something a little different as well from your everyday kebab. I put potatoes on it. I boiled the potatoes first because I knew they would never be close to ready by the time the meat was. So I got them perfectly tender, put olive oil and sea salt on them then slid them on the sticks with the onion, emu and tomatoes.

Here is my recipe I used for the marinade:
1 lb. emu fillet
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Siracha
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 inch fresh ginger root, grated
3 Tbsp. Lime juice
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. sesame oil

I let the meat marinate along with the onions, then once I put them on the stick, I sprinkled them with white truffle sea salt and pepper.
Lets just say emu kebabs will be at my next BBQ and it will blow peoples minds.
The sausages came out great as well. The wild boar with cranberries was just the right balance of sweet and salty.
We will be cooking tomorrow so be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment