Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Impromptu German-esque Dinner

Well this dinner inspired Daniel and myself to reinstate the blog. We couldn't help but post this meal. We were both so inspired by how well it came out for such little planning. I had purchased some coq-au-vin sausage from the Meathook, (which is one of the surmounting reasons I love living here)a few days prior and we worked from there. Mr. Stenson had heard rumors of my being the king of homefries so we decided to make a less spicy version to go with the sausage. Since what we were making was shaping up to be a sort of 'breakfast for dinner' meal I went to the local grocery to source out some greens and eggs. I found some collard greens and quail eggs! Usually quail eggs are boiled because of their size and the fact that they're a bit difficult open and fry, but we did. We braised our collard greens with bacon, onions, garlic, siratcha, and red wine vinegar. To pair with all of this Daniel brought over a beautifully young and balanced 2009 A.J. Adam Riesling Feinherb Dhron Hofberg. This wine was perfect to combat the spicy greens with its high acidity, delicate residual sugar and secondary notes of elderflower and honey.
I will hopefully be updating every week with succulent photos and wine tasting notes. See you next Tuesday,
DS

No comments:

Post a Comment